But what are the benefits of employee happiness surveys? And how can you take it a step further? At Amazing Workplace, we’ve discovered the top three benefits that nearly every company experiences after undertaking a successful employee happiness initiative:
1. You’ll Understand Where You’re Starting
Often, leaders fall into the trap of thinking they and the employees’ direct managers should be able to tell how engaged or happy their teams are. However, this is usually not the case; you cannot know how engaged your employees are until you ask them. For example:
- Employees may appear happy but are spending their evenings searching for a different job
- A department is hitting its goals, so it’s assumed those department leaders are likely motivating and praising their teams, but this may not be true at all
You don’t want to find out that employees are unengaged the hard way: when they quit, leave a bad review for the company, or lower productivity by working less hard. Instead, choose the effective and reliable option of asking them directly and give yourself the benefits of employee happiness surveys.
2. You’ll Identify Actionable Steps and a Path Forward
When you take the time to survey your employees, your company will have identifiable areas for improvement. Examples include:
- Is there a need for more efficient communication channels?
- Do employees feel unclear about the company mission and their role in it?
- Are there resentments among peers or between departments?
Based on the outcomes of these surveys, you and your leadership can address meaningful questions internally. For some companies, questions that are brought to the surface include the following:
- How can we improve transparency?
- Could our management benefit from some training? What type?
- Are we setting the top-down tone that we intended?
- Are there adjustments we should make to the work structure, benefits, or how we hold people accountable?
3. Your Employees Will Feel Heard
Your company will benefit from happiness initiatives even before you can analyze the data or implement action plans. Instantly, employees will see that you care about their happiness. They will understand they have a safe place to give feedback and be honest about their feelings. This either introduces or reinforces an essential component of improving employee engagement: letting them know their feedback is valued, wanted, and heard — all in a safe place.
How You’ll Benefit From Our Employee Happiness Management System (EHMS)™
At Amazing Workplace, our Employee Happiness Management System ("EHMS") goes beyond surveys; it provides real-time insights to inform decisions based on employee sentiment. Key benefits include the following:
- Improving recruiting
- Boosting productivity
- Enhancing financial performance
- Reducing turnover
- Prioritizing employee happiness
How does EHMS do it? Here are a few of the unique and powerful features that EHMS provides to unlock employee happiness:
- EHMS leverages AI to capture employee emotions accurately and offers next-day access to actionable results
- EHMS empowers leaders to engage in meaningful conversations with specific employee groups about relevant topics to enhance happiness
- EHMS includes an Employee Comment Management System to effectively utilize employee feedback and promote verified employee reviews for recruiting purposes
Start by Contacting Amazing Workplace
Employee happiness efforts, including surveys and EHMSs, have benefited thousands of companies, from startups to Fortune 500s. Given their value, ensure you’re working with an expert. Asking the right questions and analyzing the data is not easy. You risk wasting time and money if you do not have the infrastructure or expertise needed. Reach out to us to schedule a demo and find out how we can maximize the benefits of employee happiness surveys from our EHMS.